[BRLTTY] brltty in terminal on snow leopard

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:20:04 EST 2009

Hi all.

I am having problems getting brltty set up on snow leopard although I
believe I did have it running on snow leopard (macosx10.6) at one time.

First, I had to change my path to NOT put Macports (/opt/local) first in
order to get brltty to configure. I posted about this back in June and
neither I or anybody else figured out what i might be missing in Macports
that made it necessary to change my path back but that was no real
problem. I also find that I have to disable api in configuring but this
also isn't an issue for me.

My big problem is that when I try to run screen-4.0.1 I'm told that I need
Rosetta to run this which seems rather strange since I ran it on this
Intel machine in 10.5. Since I had problems compiling screen back in 2007
I've been using the version I compiled in Tiger. I just tried to recompile
screen again in Snow Leopard in hopes that it wouldn't claim to need
Rosetta but I got the same error I got back in 2007 (see below). I suppose
I could install Rosetta and see if screen then works but I don't really
want to do that unlesss it's absolutely necessary. Nobody was able to
figure out why screen wouldn't compile for me back in 2007 but here's the
result of the make attempt just in case somebody has a new idea.

Tia.

gcc -c -I. -I.   -DIPC_EXPORT_IMAGE -g -O2 pty.c
In file included from screen.h:144,
                  from pty.c:30:
display.h:177: warning: 'utmp' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/utmp.h:96)
In file included from screen.h:145,
                  from pty.c:30:
window.h:247: warning: 'utmp' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/utmp.h:96)
pty.c:38:26: error: sys/stropts.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [pty.o] Error 1

--
Cheryl

"Let the words of my mouth,