[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 6 13:40:20 EST 2010

[quoted lines by Labrador on 2010/12/06 at 18:29 +0100]

>Dave, please, how many times have I to repeat that nothing works: of course
>I tried that suggestion.

Then i'm sorry for assuming you didn't. It might've helped, though, if you'd
said that you did try it.

Are you saying that when you subscribe from your new address you don't get the
list subscription confirmation request?

>The most strange thing is that when sending the message / or subject  help
>then I receive some answer with the list of commands.

Using your new address?

So, from your new address, you do get the help message but you don't get the
subscription confirmation request? Is that right?

>I'd like to stop this thread as soon as possible:
>1) this is quite OT
>2) I'd like to respect the other people on this list
>3) while being able to follow conversations as I use to do,
>nothing more nothing less.

I don't worry about off-topic posts. Maybe other list administrators feel good
about telling people that off-topic means off-limits, but that isn't my policy.
My main concerns have to do with politeness, respect, kindness, etc.

>Does this list is a free and democratic list ? I suppose it is;

It probably isn't, being as I'm the official dictator. :-) That being said, I
only start dictating when I get it into my head that someone isn't being
treated right.

>so I not understand why it's so difficult to do such quite simple changes.

Others don't seem to have problems subscribing, so my guess is that it must
have something to do with your new address. Maybe it's in some server's
untrusted domain list, or something like that. What address are you trying to
subscribe from?