[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

labrad0r at edpnet.be labrad0r at edpnet.be
Mon Dec 6 14:49:18 EST 2010

Hi:

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 01:40:20PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Labrador on 2010/12/06 at 18:29 +0100]
>
> >Dave, please, how many times have I to repeat that nothing works: of course
> >I tried that suggestion.
>
> Then i'm sorry for assuming you didn't. It might've helped, though, if you'd
> said that you did try it.
>
> Are you saying that when you subscribe from your new address you don't get the
> list subscription confirmation request?

Yes I don't receive anything.

> >The most strange thing is that when sending the message / or subject  help
> >then I receive some answer with the list of commands.
>
> Using your new address?

Yes, unfortunately.

> So, from your new address, you do get the help message but you don't get
>the
> subscription confirmation request? Is that right?

Yes, see in attach the help email received, with subject:
"The results of your email commands".

> >I'd like to stop this thread as soon as possible:
> >1) this is quite OT
> >2) I'd like to respect the other people on this list
> >3) while being able to follow conversations as I use to do,
> >nothing more nothing less.
>
> I don't worry about off-topic posts. Maybe other list administrators feel good
> about telling people that off-topic means off-limits, but that isn't my policy.

I prefer such topics being treated off-l but you had left or where too busy
so i asked here about this problem.

> My main concerns have to do with politeness, respect, kindness, etc.
Well I do so, but it's becoming urgent because I am not always 24/7 here and
after 3 / now 4 days I have the right to see this problem fixed asap,
I also have lots of other useful things to do outside the internet, I hope
this isn't misunderrstood!

> >Does this list is a free and democratic list ? I suppose it is;
>
> It probably isn't, being as I'm the official dictator. :-)

:-)

>That being said, I
> only start dictating when I get it into my head that someone isn't being
> treated right.
>
> >so I not understand why it's so difficult to do such quite simple changes.
>
> Others don't seem to have problems subscribing, so my guess is that it
>must
> have something to do with your new address. Maybe it's in some server's
> untrusted domain list, or something like that. What address are you trying
> subscribe from?

I had sended an off-list mail with that address and explanations to you, at
18:38:14 2010 (local time),
sended from that new address.