[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Mon Dec 6 14:53:15 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 08:49:18PM +0100, labrad0r at edpnet.be wrote:
> Hi:
>
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 01:40:20PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> > [quoted lines by Labrador on 2010/12/06 at 18:29 +0100]
> >
> > >Dave, please, how many times have I to repeat that nothing works: of course
> > >I tried that suggestion.
> >
> > Then i'm sorry for assuming you didn't. It might've helped, though, if you'd
> > said that you did try it.
> >
> > Are you saying that when you subscribe from your new address you don't get the
> > list subscription confirmation request?
>
> Yes I don't receive anything.
>
> > >The most strange thing is that when sending the message / or subject  help
> > >then I receive some answer with the list of commands.
> >
> > Using your new address?
>
> Yes, unfortunately.
>
> > So, from your new address, you do get the help message but you don't get
> >the
> > subscription confirmation request? Is that right?
>
> Yes, see in attach the help email received, with subject:
> "The results of your email commands".
>
> > >I'd like to stop this thread as soon as possible:
> > >1) this is quite OT
> > >2) I'd like to respect the other people on this list
> > >3) while being able to follow conversations as I use to do,
> > >nothing more nothing less.
> >
> > I don't worry about off-topic posts. Maybe other list administrators feel good
> > about telling people that off-topic means off-limits, but that isn't my policy.
>
> I prefer such topics being treated off-l but you had left or where too busy
> so i asked here about this problem.
>
> > My main concerns have to do with politeness, respect, kindness, etc.
> Well I do so, but it's becoming urgent because I am not always 24/7 here and
> after 3 / now 4 days I have the right to see this problem fixed asap,
> I also have lots of other useful things to do outside the internet, I hope
> this isn't misunderrstood!
>
> > >Does this list is a free and democratic list ? I suppose it is;
> >
> > It probably isn't, being as I'm the official dictator. :-)
>
> :-)
>
> >That being said, I
> > only start dictating when I get it into my head that someone isn't being
> > treated right.
> >
> > >so I not understand why it's so difficult to do such quite simple changes.
> >
> > Others don't seem to have problems subscribing, so my guess is that it
> >must
> > have something to do with your new address. Maybe it's in some server's
> > untrusted domain list, or something like that. What address are you trying
> > subscribe from?
>
> I had sended an off-list mail with that address and explanations to you, at
> 18:38:14 2010 (local time),
> sended from that new address.

And btw now five minutes ago or more I had sended again a request for
subscription fro mthat new address,
and still waits for confirmation mail that doesn't arrive.

I also modified the "from" not the "From:" address to be the same as the one
who did requested the subscription
but still doesn't receive anything.