[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Sun Dec 12 09:49:22 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 04:53:55PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by labrad0r at edpnet.be on 2010/12/06 at 20:49 +0100]
>
> >> My main concerns have to do with politeness, respect, kindness, etc.
> >Well I do so, but it's becoming urgent because I am not always 24/7 here and
> >after 3 / now 4 days I have the right to see this problem fixed asap,
> >I also have lots of other useful things to do outside the internet, I hope
> >this isn't misunderrstood!
>
> We all have plenty of useful and/or important other things to do.

Well then:

- why aren't you helping me ? it's not my fault that your Mailman machine
doesn't respond to classical subscription requests ?
or are we banned because it doesn't work until now ?

- why aren't you responding to mail directly sended to you with specific ask
for subscribing a certain address ?

>It's all too
> easy for any of us to think that our own problems are more important than
>those
> of others,

You said this! I don't thought so!

>but that's really only because none of us has the full picture.

I've no any problem with no any list changes operated currently with lots of
other mlists;
so I would aks you please please please to be a little bit more colaborative
and help me since it doesn't work as expected:
I send you the mail to subscribe privately, and that's the only thing we
probably can do,
it's now ten days ago and the problem is still the same:
are you happy with this ?

>For
> example, from my own life: I've already outlined that there's a lot more
>to my
> life than computers.

Agree with you!
that's why I asked for helping!
but if it will take ten days more I will consider this as a refusal to help!

>I could've added even more stuff like the fact that one of
> our children has cerebral palsy and that my wife has a very serious form
>of
> cancer so I've been sitting with her for many hours in hospitals while
>they've
> been torturing her with treatments which have, as their only saving grace,
>the
> fact that they're less severe than the cancer itself.

OK Dave, respect for this;
but isn't it possible to ask to a second person to co-administrate the list
so that there should be a kind of "permanence" ? I use do so since I was in
the hospital in 2009 and so unavailable!
then I saw the need for adding some other co-admin just for this reason
because nobody knows how does things can turn out!
We are humans, not robots, but projects have to go on!

Of course this is just a suggestion, decision is yours,
and be sure the job you are doing is very very great Dave!
but if needed maybe it's a good plan to have a right-hand (sorry for the
wrong terminology).

> I'm sure that most, if not all, of the other members of this list, perhaps
> including you yourself, have many such issues in their lives which are way
>more
> important than someone's mailing list subscription.

Yes Dave of course they are.

Well, when you have more time, seeing that the problem doesn't seem to
resolve itself, please can I (may I) send you a private mail where asking
you to subscribe the desired address ? that's all I want, nothing more
nothing less ? I've no asked for the ML problem to exist, I've no any with
no other ML; sorry if I'm disturbing with this quite futile problem.

> The point I'm trying to make is that it's not actually your right to have
>this
> problem fixed. When any of us receives help from anyone else, may we all
>look
> upon it as a privilege rather than as a right, because that's exactly what
>it
> is.

I only ask to be changed, I'm already subscribed and happy to read the
mailing of this list;
so once again if you find some time to do it, I would really appreciate, I'm
not discussing here to create more problems, but in a few days this account
is closed and I wouldn't receive mails from this list while I can't resolve
it myself, unfortunately.

>We should even have this attitude when we're receiving help from someone
> whom we're paying for that help.

> I'm too lazy to go looking for it. Why not just retype it
>here so
> that it's right in front of me. That'd be less typing than the instructions
>of
> where I need to go to find it.

Dave please listen: i have tried both the "by mail" requests and the online
requests surfing to the mailman/listinfo/ page corresponding to my current
e-mail address:
in both cases it fails.

You're the one and only who can fix it for me, really!

so I ask.
Once it's OK I will silently continue to read as I did before.

Thanks in advance.

Labrador