[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 13 13:08:12 EST 2010

[quoted lines by Labrador on 2010/12/12 at 15:49 +0100]

>Well then:
>
>- why aren't you helping me ?

Probably because I had no time when you asked, and then forgot about the issue.

At this point, hwoever, my answer is changing. I resist those who think that
they can command how I spend my time. Even my manager at my paying job doesn't
speak to me the way you are.

>it's not my fault that your Mailman machine doesn't respond to classical
>subscription requests ?

And it's not my fault either.

As I proposed in my last message, why don't you figure out which setting needs
to be tweaked and then let me know what it is? You'd probably end up spending
less time doing that then you have yelling at me.

>or are we banned because it doesn't work until now ?

No one has been banned.

>- why aren't you responding to mail directly sended to you with specific ask
>for subscribing a certain address ?

I no longer remember when you sent me a private message. If I didn't respond to
it, though, there were likely two reasons. The first is that, at least so far,
I have no idea what might be causing your problem. The second is that it'd
likely take me a lot of time to figure it out and I didn't have the time then
to invest in it.

>>It's all too
>> easy for any of us to think that our own problems are more important than
>>those
>> of others,
>
>You said this! I don't thought so!

Then why are you insisting so vehemently that I have to drop everything just to
solve your problem?

>I've no any problem with no any list changes operated currently with lots of
>other mlists;
>so I would aks you please please please to be a little bit more colaborative
>and help me since it doesn't work as expected:

I guess it's because I'm a very rude person.

>I send you the mail to subscribe privately, and that's the only thing we
>probably can do,

You've been very rude toward me lately so I'm becoming more and more
disinterested in this problem. It's now lower on my priority list than it used
to be.

>it's now ten days ago and the problem is still the same:
>are you happy with this ?

Yes, because I don't think it's right to feed someone's rudenss by giving in to
it. Why should the loudest person always get the best service?

>that's why I asked for helping!
>but if it will take ten days more I will consider this as a refusal to help!

If that's the way you're going to speak to me then, as of right now, I refuse
to help with this problem. You don't need to wait 10 more days to make that
decision.

>but isn't it possible to ask to a second person to co-administrate the list
>so that there should be a kind of "permanence" ? I use do so since I was in
>the hospital in 2009 and so unavailable!

no, there's no need since your rudeness has removed your problem from the
table.

Maybe you think I'm now truly being rude. The fact is that you've been going
out of your way to point out just how rude and unhelpful you think I've been
for a few days now, and I wouldn't want to turn all your claims into lies by
becoming helpful.

>> I'm too lazy to go looking for it. Why not just retype it
>>here so
>> that it's right in front of me. That'd be less typing than the instructions
>>of
>> where I need to go to find it.
>
>Dave please listen: i have tried both the "by mail" requests and the online
>requests surfing to the mailman/listinfo/ page corresponding to my current
>e-mail address:
>in both cases it fails.

Now you're even accusing me of not listening. When have I ever not listened to
someone?

It's actually you who weren't listening. Read my statement very carefully. I
simply asked you to retype the address which is giving you problems rather than
order me to go find some previous message you sent which contains it. That'd
mean less typing for you and less work for me. What's wrong with that?

It seems, though, that you much prefer all of this needless typing to try to
tell me how rotten I am. That's truly not helpful to anyone, and probably very
boring to the others who have to read it.

>You're the one and only who can fix it for me, really!

No, I'm not, as I've decided (see above) to not care about it anymore.