[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 13 13:52:47 EST 2010

Aside from the fact that you really ought to apologize for what amounts to
incredible rudeness, I decided to go have a look.

It turns out that another user (I forget who) already told you a few days ago
what the problem must be.

You yourself observed that every other Mailman server has been working
correctly. Why, then, would you simply assume that mine isn't working properly?

Would it surprise you to learn that my Mailman server is working just as
reliably as all the others? I count no less than thirteen attempts made by it
to send messages to your new address (see below).

What the other user suggested to you was that some server, if not your own spam
filtering, must be discarding those messages. It sure looks like that must be
the case.

Note that, if this is so, then any attempt by me to personally reply to your
new address would likely also get dsicarded. Now what do you think about all
your claims that I haven't been responding to your private requests for help?

Now, from my server's mail log, here are those 13 log entries. Notice that,
from my end, every attempt to send your new address a message was successful.

   Dec  2 07:31:36 ... to=<osvaldo.larosa at telenet.be> ... status=sent (250 OK , completed)
   Dec  2 11:07:14 ... to=<osvaldo.larosa at telenet.be> ... status=sent (250 OK , completed)
   Dec  5 04:42:54 ... to=<osvaldo.larosa at telenet.be> ... status=sent (250 OK , completed)
   Dec  5 05:02:33 ... to=<osvaldo.larosa at telenet.be> ... status=sent (250 OK , completed)