[BRLTTY] PLEASE ......................... explain ?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Dec 16 12:23:53 EST 2010

[quoted lines by Labrador on 2010/12/16 at 17:48 +0100]

>I sincerely regret but had never received any answer. Note that there is no
>any filter on my procmail or so: I only use Mutt+Fetchmail+Exim4 on a Debian
>system, and I'm surprised that only this Mailman machine doesn't reacts as
>the others I had submitted my address change.

But my Mailman server is responding correctly as the confirmation request
clearly was successfully sent to you by it. Note that "successfully sent" means
only that the first step in its journey from my server to you wqas successful.
I, of course, have no access to the logs on any intermediate servers and/or
those on your own system. It's clear, though, that some intermediate server
and/or your own system is rejecting it.

>Seeing this that's why I decided to mail privately to prevent too much noise
>on the ML. If there is a similar problem shoudn't that explain why I don't
>receive then any machineanswer ?

If you're not able to receive mail from my Mailman server then you also aren't
able to receive messages from me. Please don't be so hasty, therefore, to
simply accuse me of having not answered.

>I'm honestly not filtering!

But some intermediate server(s) might be filtering.