[BRLTTY] Modifying braille movment keys in widows version of brltty.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 21 12:42:18 EST 2010

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2010/12/21 at 16:44 +0100]

>Yes!
>However James Teh told me that he has used a brailliant 40 with no
>problems using nvda and brltty. Exactly the same version as i have
>used.

I know there was a problem in brltty 4.2, but that was fixed in the latest
Windows 4.2 version. It's the core, and not the drivers, which deal with the
API, so this kind of problem shouldn't be driver-dependent.

Do you still have access to the other devices? Perhaps you could retest them
just to be absolutely sure that you're running the latest 4.2 Windows version
of brltty.

Can you test just brltty in a Windows console window?

>I wonder if its the virtual comport that playing tricks on me.

How are you telling brltty to use the virtual COM port for the Brailliant?

>Also other screenreaders works just fine with the brailliant so it
>cant be the brailliant hardware that fails.

I'm sure your hardware is okay.