[BRLTTY] feature rquest: language switching for the devices that support braille input.

Sergei V. Fleytin fleytin at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 11 05:41:04 EST 2010

On Пнд, Янв 11, 2010 at 02:06:51 -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:

> The currently loaded text table can be switched via the preferences menu.
> Switching the text table, of course, would change both input and output. Is
> this okay?

No, it is not god for this particualr case, though the possibility to
more easily change the text table would be nice too. But in case when
one does, for instance, a text translation, the possibility to see all
involved languages is important. Perhaps the text tables may be
rearranged in a way that several languages might be seen at the same
time. For instance, when I load one of the english text tables, I can
easily read cyrillic text (thou it may be shown with dot 8 on every
character to avoid confusion), but while typing I will be entering
Egnlish characters and one with dot 8 would be cyrillic ones. Of
course, the system must be flixible enough to allow user any disired
language combination.

Another possibility would be the ability to load a separate text table
per virtual terminal. It won't solve all the problems, but would open
for us the possibility to read simultaneuously texts in several
languages, which would be very cool!

Thanks,

Sergei.