[BRLTTY] brltty hangs after startup

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 4 11:16:14 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Sébastien Hinderer on 2011/04/04 at 10:03 +0200]

>I have recently upgraded my system and since then, I noticed that brltty
>stops working a bit after it was started.

The strace you sent shows that no data is being read from the braille device.
The log file you sent shows that there's a recurring "did not receive ACK" from
the braille device. It also shows that you're using a USB to serial adapter.

You didn't say what, exactly, you upgraded. While I forget the exact kernel
releases, is it possible that you're using an FTDI_SIO-type adapter, that you
were using a kernel older than around 2.6.31, and that you're now using a
kernel somewhere between 2.6.31 and 2.6.35 or so?