[BRLTTY] Bluetooth with Brailliant display (Baum)

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Oct 12 07:18:21 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2011/10/12 at 17:13 +1100]

>But, basically just needed to use rfcomm connect

Did you just give rfcomm connect the Linux device name and device's Bluetooth
address, or did you also specify any of its other parameters?

>and then -d /dve/rfcomm0 option on brltty command line.

The official format, these days, is serial:rfcomm0.

>Direct bt connection through brltty didn't seem to work...

I'd still like to udnerstand why using the device directly didn't work, and
what it takes to get it to work. If you have some time to experiment with that,
please let me know.

>So, that's fine, I'll just have to make a small shell script to handle
>bluetooth connection save the typing!

You can specify the Linux device in /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf, and, of course,
the braille device in /etc/brltty.conf. Then you shouldn't need a script.

I really would like to know why direct use isn't working, though.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.