[BRLTTY] INKA switches

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Oct 26 00:30:58 EDT 2011

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Jason White on 2011/10/26 at 14:50 +1100]
>
> >The top left switch turns sensors on/off, both vertical and horizontal.
>
> Did we do it for all switches that left is off and right is on?

Yes we did.

> >The bottom left switch is supposed to scale the vertical sensors for screens
> >that have more than 25 lines.
>
> It seems that there are actually 27 sensors.

There are. The topmost sensor has a vertical line next to it, as does the one
below it. Then the braille numbers start at 2. At the bottom we have sensor 24
(with a label), then two more below it with associated vertical lines.

> Could you please test the latest development code to see if this switch now
> works in both positions?

I'll compile and test.

> >Switch 3 (top right) controls the protocol feature whereby a full cell is
> >displayed adjacent to the corresponding horizontal sensor.
>
> Akk eight dots?

Yes.

> >Switch 4 determines whether braille keyboard mode or qwerty keyboard mode is
> >in effect. In braille keyboard mode, the keyboard table is internal to the
> >device, as I recall.
>
> Is that an add-on or do you have a keyboard for yours?

The INKA has a full-sized PC-style qwerty keyboard built in and connects via
both the keyboard port and the serial port to the host system.

When braille keyboard mode is active, pressing combinations of keys on the
home row provides braille input.