[BRLTTY] I think pasting from the keypad is busted

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 02:16:34 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:37:18PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Really, though, we should figure out why you can't cut via the controls on the
> display. How are you trying to do it, and what does (or doesn't) happen?

A new discovery: When I've used the keypad to fill the cut buffer I
can use either of the two Alva paste commands to paste it, so it's the
cut that's failing.

Cut-Begin is thumb 1 plus, for example, cursor 1. When I turn on
command learn mode and press these two it says, Route cursor to cell
1. Similarly, thumb 5 plus cursor 40 says to route the cursor to cell
40. I press the thumb keys at the same time as or slightly before the
cursor buttons and avoid holding the cursor buttons because that sets
you into the second row of cursor routing.

I run with repeat keys off in brltty and on in the Alva so the menus
will repeat, but even if I turn it off in the Alva and even if I then
turn it on in brltty it still doesn't work.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll