[BRLTTY] Resource for lLearning UEB for those who already know braille

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:16:53 EST 2012

Here is a link to a page about an update course that CNIB is offering primarily for braille transcribers who want to learn the UEB. The update book is offered as a download in several formats via this page. CNIB is actually offering this as a self-directed course rather than a formal one though transcribers can ask for a person to help and/or correct lessons; then those transcribers who want to do so can go through the process for updating certification. I think this will also be helpful for those of us who are braillre readers and want to learn the differences implemeted with UEB. The update material is to be used in conjunction with the rule book for EUB but I think this may make a much better starting point than wading through all the rules. While this course is put out by CNIB, the "English Braille American Edition" is mentioned in the introduction as what transcribers already know so I think this material need not only be for Canadians.

Hth.

http://www.cnib.ca/en/living/braille/Pages/Transcribers-UEB-Course.aspx

--
Cheryl