[BRLTTY] esting Brltty with out a Refreshable Display And getting a 40 cell simulation

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jul 6 16:29:49 EDT 2013

Hello,

Siju Samuel, le Fri 05 Jul 2013 15:37:57 -0500, a écrit :
> Compared to the direction in the document,  I do not  have this /usr/lib/
> at-spi) . I could not locate at-spi but I saw the following in my machine

at-spi is not needed to be able to drive devices through brlapi.

> The following from a 'term window' is  not showing up a 40 cell window as
> described in the document.
> siju at ubuntub:~/BRLTTY/brltty-4.5$ sudo brltty -b xw -x as -A auth=none,host=
> 127.0.0.1:1

Why are you using sudo?  The windows does not appear possibly because it
can't show up due to being started with sudo.

> BRLTTY 4.5 rev 5477 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
> siju at ubuntub:~/BRLTTY/brltty-4.5$ ps -A |  grep brl
>  6550 ?        00:00:00 brltty

This process does not look like the one you have started above. Make
sure to kill any existing brltty daemon, otherwise your brlapi clients
will be connected to that one, and not to the one started above.

Samuel