[BRLTTY] Compilation problems on Windows

Siddharth siddharth0031 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:50:06 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to compile BRLTTY 4.2.3 on windows through cygwin. I have
installed all the libraries listed
here<http://brl.thefreecat.org/brltty/cygwin/> but
still see the following error while executing './configure'

./configure: line 7471: test: too many arguments
./configure: line 7474: ac_cv_file__cygdrive_C_Program: command not found
./configure: line 7475: Files: command not found
./configure: line 7477: Files: command not found
configure: WARNING: no commonly used jni installation directory
configure: WARNING: Java BrlAPI bindings not included
configure: WARNING: Cannot find ocamlfind.
configure: WARNING: Cython compiler not found
configure: WARNING: Python BrlAPI bindings not included
./configure: line 8745: pkg-config: command not found
configure: WARNING: system service support not available on this platform
configure: WARNING: boot parameters support not available on this platform
./configure: line 10899: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 11074: pkg-config: command not found
configure: WARNING: character set support not available on this platform
./configure: line 11167: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 11266: pkg-config: command not found
configure: WARNING: mount file system support not available on this platform
configure: WARNING: keyboard support not available on this platform
./configure: line 11647: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 11647: pkg-config: command not found
configure: WARNING: PCm support not available on this platform
./configure: line 11741: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 11741: pkg-config: command not found
configure: WARNING: MIDI support not available on this platform
./configure: line 11828: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 11918: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 12136: pkg-config: command not found
configure: WARNING: USB I/O support not available on this platform
configure: WARNING: Libbraille package not found: /usr /usr/local
/usr/local/Libbraille /usr/local/libbraille /opt/Libbraille /opt/libbraille
/mingw /mingw/Libbraille /mingw/libbraille
configure: WARNING: eSpeak package not found: /usr /usr/local
/usr/local/eSpeak /usr/local/espeak /opt/eSpeak /opt/espeak /mingw
/mingw/eSpeak /mingw/espeak
./configure: line 14003: pkg-config: command not found
./configure: line 14037: pkg-config: command not found

Despite the warnings it compiles perfectly fine, but I am unable to start
the BrlAPI service on brltty.exe that created on compilation. I am assuming
it is because Java BrlAPI and Python BrlAPI bindings are not included.

I have already installed the bindings, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Siddharth