[BRLTTY] Braille display model recommendation

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 18 11:16:04 EDT 2014

I'm going to have to replace my Braille display. I need advice about what
model to get, please.

The one I have now is the old Brailliant model. The navigation keys keep
failing and it's becoming problematic to have them repaired.

I also use an Alva BC 640. That might be my default choice.

I want a 40cell display, primarily for desk work. Bluetooth would be nice.

I've previously felt that having a Braille keyboard on a Braille display
wasn't all that useful and only served to add distance between the Braille
cells and regular QWERTY keyboard. I still feel that way sort of, except
I'm beginning to miss the Braille keyboard option for use with mobile
devices, so I'm ambivalent.

Any recommendation?

What's the Alva comfort? Is that any good? Does BRLTTY support it?

Thanks