[BRLTTY] My BRAILLEX EL 40 P C-Rev. 3.06 does not work by USB

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jun 25 16:58:24 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Boris on 2014/06/25 at 20:47 +0200]

>I still have a 10+ years old Papenmeier BRAILLEX EL 40 P C-Rev. 3.06
>that works fine with BRLTTY when it is connected by serial port, but not
>by USB.  When I received it, I remember it worked by USB with Jaws and
>not with BRLTTY under GNU/Linux neither by USB nor by serial port.
>However, at that time, Dave helped and fixed the driver pm in BRLTTY so
>that it works by serial port.  If I remember, the issue was about
>something like data rate.  We did not fix the issue for USB but nowadays
>it becomes necessary...  How should I proceed?

The first thing we need to see is a debug log. Which release of brltty are you
using? Assuming that it's 5.0 or newer, please run brltty with -L (uppercase)
to specify the file to write the log into, and with -l (lowercase) to specify a
number of log categories. So, please run brlttgy with these additional options:

   -Lbrltty.log -ldebug,usb,inpkts.outpkts

Then, attach the log file to a message to this list so that we can have a look
at it.