[BRLTTY] Unicode mathematical symbols

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sat Oct 25 12:52:02 EDT 2014

Hello,

Dave Mielke schrieb am 16.10.2014, 12:03 -0400:
>>Are there already widely accepted braille representations for such
>>symbols?
>>If not, shouldn't we try to come up with something?
>
>I have no idea how braille math is taught in other countries. Here in North
>America, the best way of representing math in braille that I myself am aware of
>is what's known as the Nemeth Code.
In Germany, you have another code, namely the Marburger maths code. However I
stopped learning it after a year and moved onto LaTeX. A number of schools are
doing the same in Germany as well. Just for the records.

It appears to me that there will never be a common maths code across the world.

Being able to represent a unicode character as a LaTeX command is quite handy at
times, therefore I wrote uTeXer [1], which does a basic job in translating from
unicode symbols to LaTeX.

[1] http://crustulus.de/projects/utexer.en.html

Regards
Sebastian