[BRLTTY] git pull

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 23 20:25:28 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2014/09/23 at 19:04 -0500]

>On my mac, when I do "git pull" I frequently get a message that says
>"Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge: Messages/de.po
>Messages/fr.po
>Messages/zh.po
>Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
>Aborting
>
>A couple of times I have just deleted my directory for brltty and gotten it all over again with the "git clone" command that is used when first obtaining brltty. But I am wondering what is causing this and whether there is a command I can use to update my copy when I get this error rather than deleting and redoing, although doing this really isn't a big deal for me.

This was a known problem that would usually strike after a make install. It was
finally fixed a week or so ago. The command to cldear it is:

   git checkout Messages/*.po

So, if you clear the problem with the above command, and then update to the
latest code, it shouldn't happen again.