[BRLTTY] Technibraille Alizé

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 30 12:54:18 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Raphaël POITEVIN on 2015/06/30 at 18:25 +0200]

>I have to connect a Technibraille Alizé for a customer. Someone
>explained to me the protocol works with no warranties but works.

I've no idea if it works or not. We added a driver for it a long time ago, but
have never had access to a TechniBraille in order to do any testing. We'd be
glad to work with you to get it working.

>I've selected in brltty.conf braille-driver tn and braille-device
>serial:ttyUSB0. It doesn't work. The serial converter is connected,
>there is the file /dev/ttyUSB0.

That all looks correct. Just one thing. In case you have more than one serial
adapter connected, check in case you have other ttyUSB<n> devices.

>brltty -b tn -d ttyUSB0 -e doesn't display any errors.

Add these options: -n -ldebug,serial,inpkts,outpkts -Llogfile

>Someone told me we have to select "Jaws" on the Alizé. On this one, tehe
>"Windows", no "Jaws". I tried also with "Emulation PC".

I don't know enough about the TechniBraille to have an opinion on this.

>Is this braille display still supported ?

Ideally, yes. Without having been able to do any testing, who knows.