[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and AT-SPI

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Sep 2 12:50:20 EDT 2015

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>> Isn't libatspi just this.
>
> It's supposed to be, yes. Perhaps it has improved since when I wrote the
> AtSpi2, but at the time the rationale was that the old at-spi1 libatspi
> was not to be rewritten for at-spi2. I can see that there are
> atspi_text_get_text helpers now, so I guess it does have improved, so it
> might be usable nowadays.

Libatspi is more or less equivalent to the old cspi, although the API was
changed to work easily with gobject-introspection. A C library originally
wasn't considered a priority, since most ATs were using pyatspi, but in
the end it made sense to have a C library anyhow, as the original attempt
at a Python module was too slow, so it was better to have a C library with
a Python binding.

-Mike