[BRLTTY] Windows libusb problem

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Wed Sep 9 12:44:23 EDT 2015

Hi, Samuel!

On to., aug. 27, 2015 at 09:34:39 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Lee Maschmeyer, le Wed 26 Aug 2015 20:55:17 -0400, a écrit :
> > I too am confused. I install brltty into Cygwin (32 bit) by pulling the
> > latest source from Git and doing:
> >
> > ./autogen && ./configure -q --disable-java-bindings && make -s
> > rm -fr /etc/brltty && make -s uninstall && make -s install
> >
> > All this is from Cygwin's prompt in the brltty top lever directory. Then I
> > opened the run dialog with Windows+R and typed:
> >
> > install libusb-win32 filter
> >
> > Windows said it couldn't find install.
>
> Ah, no, these README files are all for the case when you are using the
> .zip or .exe prebuilt binaries.  When you build brltty yourself, you
> have to install libusb-win32 by hand alongside, since the brltty source
> does not contain the libusb-win32 source.

In the top directory, after unpacking the zip file with the prebuilt
binaries, there is an install.bat. However, there is no %x parameters
in there, hence there is no way to pass arguments to the batch file,
like libusb-win32 filter. Hope I didn't missunderstand.
Can you please explain in more detail how I can install the filter?

As I said before, the .inf file won't be installed either. Hope you
can give me some more hints.

Thank you and regards, Lars