[BRLTTY] brltty new user

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 3 06:11:53 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2016/07/03 at 00:45 -0400]

>Screen and yasr do not have access to the kernnel.

But they do have access to what's being written to the screen via the
pseudo-tty that they create for each session.

>I think for speech, this feature would be useful as you don't know if there is
>anything to read once you have typed a command unless you have looked back and
>sometimes you don't.

But that's the very same in braille. You also don't know if the command had
output unless you look back.

>I use speakup however and this is one of its nice features, if I type a
>command I just let it go and hit control or enter on the numpad to shut it up,
>and of course I use less a lot.

But, since it's the very same in braille - and braille users also use less alot
- I'm not understnading why a speech user would work so fundamentally
differently from a braille user with respect to this particular issue.

>With Braille its not that useful and what you are doing is correct.

Exactly, so why is it so useful with speech?