[BRLTTY] brltty and Esytime, on Raspbian Jessie.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 3 22:36:25 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Arthur BREUNEVAL on 2016/07/03 at 20:39 +0200]

>Actually I browsed the wrong doc (on mielke.cc/brltty/...), but there
>is not any difference between the both brltty.com and mielke.cc on
>the keyboard table of Esytime.

brltty.com is the one users should be using. mielke.cc is my personal servder,
and where brltty used to be hosted. I still stage brltty.com updates to it,
though.

>So, the key to browse the screen works in mot cases, but not in the
>console of the terminal: it gives the previous command typed, like
>arrow-up.

If you think there may be errors in how the keys are being interpreted by the
driver then please send me a debug log. In this case, set the log level to:

   debug,inpkts,brlkeys

The best thing to do would be to press each of the keys in a specific order,
and then, as well as sending the log file, say in which order the keys were
pressed.

>On Esytime, the LeftJoystickDown command does Alt, and
>RightJoystickPress does Enter.
>I think it is because Eurobraille has preconfigured the commands, but
>it is surprising that some are not overriden by BRLTTY even they are
>assigned...

Send a debug log and we'll figure it out.

>Last, I can't type some characters: {, }, #, maybe other but I didn't
>found these at this time... When I type them, nothing append.
>Strange. ^^

Perhaps, for whatever reason, they aren't defined within the text table that
you're using.