[BRLTTY] documentation issues

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Jul 6 10:18:04 EDT 2016

On Jul 6, 2016, at 07:11, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Rich Morin on 2016/07/06 at 05:04 -0700]
>
>> TCL          ->  Tcl
>
> I know about this one, but I'm kind of stubborn about it. The C and the L,
> after all, also stand for words in their own right. To me, therefore, it's
> simply incorrect to only capitalize the first letter.

Your call, of course.  FWIW, I always try to use the capitalization
that the package's author prefers (eg, BRLTTY, BrlAPI), even if it
seems odd or inconsistent.

>> XWindow      ->  X-Windows
>
> In this case, XWindow is the actual name of the driver.

OK, how about:

  The XWindow braille driver, which handles applications
  that use the X Window systems.

>> There should be a "<P>" before the .arch.rpm installation entry. ...

I don't care about the exact HTML that is used, but the page should
have clean and consistent spacing between entries, in both the visual
and blind-accessible representations.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation