[BRLTTY] documentation issues

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 6 10:33:30 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Rich Morin on 2016/07/06 at 07:18 -0700]

>Your call, of course.  FWIW, I always try to use the capitalization
>that the package's author prefers (eg, BRLTTY, BrlAPI), even if it
>seems odd or inconsistent.

Yes, I'm very much the same. For whatever reason, this particular one bugs me.

>OK, how about:
>
>  The XWindow braille driver, which handles applications
>  that use the X Window systems.

Sure, except it'd then be the only driver package with an explanation. :-)

>I don't care about the exact HTML that is used, but the page should
>have clean and consistent spacing between entries, in both the visual
>and blind-accessible representations.

I understand, but rendering is up to the individual browsers. For all I know,
adding a dummy paragraph at the end of <DD> or <LI> text might cause too much
space when some other browser is being used. To me, therefore, if the spacing
is messed up when the HTML is right in these cases, it's a browser bug.

Of course, maybe there actually is a mistake in the HTML. I've yet to find it,
though.