[BRLTTY] documentation issues

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 6 23:54:54 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Rich Morin on 2016/07/06 at 20:30 -0700]

>The page uses "flavour" (British), rather than "flavor" (US).  Not a
>problem, unless it's unintentional.

I'm Canadian.

>I still think the Old Releases section should have its own page.

I agree. Just don't want to mess with too much at once. This HTML validation
thing turned out to be a big job as the HTML is quite old. Not exactly what I
was planning to spend any time on today.

The Download page has two HTML validation checks left that I'm not sure how to
resolve:

First: It's saying that the encoding in the XML header (utf-8) isn't matching
the encoding in the HTTP header (iso-8859-1). This is correct although I'm not
sure why because the HTML HEAD section does have:

Second: It's not liking things like <center>, <div align=center>, etc. Why
not? Maybe the <?xml> or <DOCTYPE> lines are specifying something that's
disabling those things.