[BRLTTY] Screen not in text mode

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jul 8 11:14:52 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Devin Prater on 2016/07/08 at 09:24 -0500]

>I think this may be the problem I’m having too, with both Orca and speechd-el. /ect/brlapi.key. Gotta remember that. So would I touch it, or use some other command for it? Open it in emacs? And, if I can’t read it, how would I make it readable? I’m using Arch linux, so it should have all the utils I’d need.

If you're referring to /etc/brlapi.key, brltty won't have any trouble reading
it since it runs as root. Your problem, though, is probably that Orca can't
read it. Find out which user and group that Orca is runniong as. I'm not one
for making security keys world-readable, so maybe what you should do is figure
out which group Orca is running as (might be gdm), and then changing
/etc/brlapi.key to be in that group and ensuring that it's group-readable.