[BRLTTY] could this be a bug?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 6 21:58:38 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/09/06 at 20:42 -0500]

>I'm now tracking the git repository at:
>git://github.com/brltty/brltty

Correct.

>I'm awaiting your patch and will apply it as soon as I get it.

I just committed the fix since I'm sure it'll work. I know ... famous last
words! :-)

   commit: 8d46edbf16f4472a8d6c3954022c18c28cdf0885

>When I build brltty, will the local copy be launched instead of the one
>installed by the system? I'm guessing so, since /usr/local is usually in the
>path before /usr/bin but want to make sure. If not, I'll adjust my path
>variable so I can make sure I'm using the built from source copy. Brltty is
>started via systemd.

Yes, if you're using the latest systemd stuff. It's changed since 5.4, though
the systemd README hasn't been updated yet. If you don't want to mess with the
systemd files at this point then edit the installed brltty.service file and
adjust the ExecStart= path.

Note that /usr/local isn't the default install location. If that's what you
want then configure with --prefix=.

>Does the make file copy it and the policy file for policy kit automatically or
>will I need to copy those manually? Our package build script manually copies
>then with the "install" command, but want to make sure since I'm doing this
>manually.

At the moment, brltty's make install doesn't do anything with those files.