[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Aug 20 15:53:10 EDT 2017

Hello,

Dave Mielke, on dim. 20 août 2017 11:36:28 -0400, wrote:
> [quoted lines by Shérab on 2017/08/20 at 11:26 +0200]
>
> >I share Samuel's fear that is will be difficult to design something
> >which is generic enough. What can we do beyond returning the keycodes
> >themselves or brltty commands, as we currently do?
>
> What I suspect we need is a set of commands that reflect how one works within a
> graphical environment (perhaps things like hierarchical window navigation,
> going to the navigation root window (home screen), going up one level, etc).
> Then we could design key tables for that, and brltty (and via BrlAPI) could be
> used to naturally work within that environment.

Well, I'm wondering whether it's really to be done and maintained within
brltty, and not just within Orca, which is what knows what it wants to
do. Brltty exports commands just because it happens to have them. If
some client likes the way it is, then it can use them, and otherwise,
I don't think brltty can really provide something that would be good,
compared to defining key tables on the client side.

Samuel