[BRLTTY] Using brlapi to connect BRLTTY on Linux to BRLTTY on Windows

Bram Duvigneau bram at bramd.nl
Sun May 7 11:55:41 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a Windows based machine that's running BRLTTY. I'm running Linux
in a virtual machine and I'm trying to connect the BRLTTY instance
running on Linux to the Windows instance via brlapi.

I see an incoming connection on the Windows side and the client sends
key ranges to accept as expected. However, after a short while, the
connection is dropped and the client reconnects. No braille output is
sent from the client to the server.

Are there issues to keep in mind while mixing operating systems and
using BRLAPI? How can I debug this further?

Bram