[BRLTTY] adding custom command to replace a braille window

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Mon May 22 04:07:40 EDT 2017

Dear Vikash,

Vikash Kesharwani (2017/05/21 09:08 +0530):
> I am working on a braille display, where we can support contracted input.
> So , since brltty does not support that, we decided to take user input in a
> temporary buffer, translate it and send it to brltty. Obviously this is
> very complex thing to implement, but I just want help on this issue I am
> facing.

OK, got it, thanks for clarifying.

In the long run, I think uncontracting should really not be done inside
of a braille driver because it is not a driver-specific thing.

Now if it is only for tests, cou might be able to do it in readCommand
as you propose but that looks as a lot of work, too.

If it is only for testing purposes, you could also write a BrlAPI client
that reads the keypresses and interprets them with the help of liblouis.
Of course the uncontracting feature would then be available only in this
client but it may be enough for testing.

hth,

Shérab.