[BRLTTY] Starting Orca on Fedora.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 3 07:01:17 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Pawel Loba on 2018/06/03 at 05:16 -0400]

>You built your graphical environment experience base on the existing system
>that's probably why you got Braille working afterwards.

I suspect that braille worked because brltty was already running. Just
guessing, but it's probably that something (maybe even Orca itself) tried
connecting to BrlAPI, and, since it worked, enabled braille and started to use
it. I like that kind of sensible decision-making within software and am hoping
that my guess is corret. If so, what it means is that all one should need to do
is to configure and start brltty before starting the install (assuimg that the
brltty and brlapi packages are available at that point).

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |