[BRLTTY] Installed latest BRLTTY on Android but Chorded commands for Global Actions not working (using Brailliant BI 40)

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jun 18 08:08:35 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Vivien Palcic on 2021/06/18 at 19:50 +0800]

>I have downloaded and installed the latest Windows 64-bit version. I chose the Standard installation, not Custom, during the installation. Is this okay or did I need the Custom installation?

Standard should be fine.

>I also pressed Enter on "Enable screenreader support", though this screen wasn't a link or button.

I've no idea what that does.

>I'm presented with several options now, such as "Create New Project", "Open an Existing Project", "Get from Version Control", "Profile or Debug APK" etc.

So now you can start doing some Android software development. Can't wait to try out your first app! :-)

>I'm guessing I need the "Profile or Debug APK" button? How do I proceed from here?

Find the adb command. Then give it a try after connecting your phone to your computer via USB. The first time, you'll probably need to confirm on your phone that your computer is allowed to communicate with it.

The command you want to use is "adb logcat" (without the quotes). Use the > character to tell adb where to write the log. Also, use the -d (which stands for dump) option to tell adb to get the log and then stop (else it'll monitor the log forever). So, use a command like this:

   adb logcat -d >/path/to/file

When you get the hang of it then do whatever causes your problem, grab a copy of the log, and send it to me. Please dno't post your log publicly (i.e. to this mailing list) because it might contain personal information.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |